This post contains gifted items from LUSH Cosmetics that has been marked in line with my disclaimer/policy.
“Wherever there is a human being, there an opportunity for kindness.”Sereca
Never has there been a better or more important time to share some kindness.
I truly believe that little seeds of kindness, both towards ourselves and others, is the ability to open a love potion for the universe and beyond.
From the tiniest sprinkling of kindfulness, to the grandest of gestures, this post is inspired by two beautiful parcels I received from LUSH Cosmetics during National Kindness Week.
At the end of this post, we’ll then explore some enchanted ways that we can all seek to spread kindness into the world by forever seeking wonder, whimsy and enchantment for all to be nourished by.
National Kindness Week
From the 14th to the 20th of February of this 2021 year, LUSH embarked on a mission to spread joy (and their decadent scents!) across the Poole and Dorset area with surprise deliveries from the LUSH Fresh-Mobile to celebrate National Random Acts of Kindness Week.
Customers were invited to nominate a loved one through the LUSH Spa in Poole, and LUSH Bournemouth’s social media accounts to receive one of 125 luxurious Fresh subscription boxes. Each of these boxes was then delivered contact-free via the fun, LUSH branded Fresh Delivery van!
I feel indescribably blessed and honoured to have received not just one, but two LUSH kindness boxes!
The first box was so kindly given to me by LUSH’s PR Team (the Relax Box), and then, in the most enchanted of extraordinary synchronicities, I have then been gifted the second set from one of my best friends. What’s more, it arrived the very next day! Proof alone that kindness truly is the most magical elixir of life!
LUSH is a company that not only had its roots in my hometown of Poole in Dorset, but I also worked for LUSH (both the Poole and Bournemouth shop! Including B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful) from the ages of 16 to 22, so it’s a place that holds so many cherished memories for me. It truly became my second home!
To receive these stunning gifts from a company I still so adore is really so deeply special to me. I’m filled with tons of nostalgia and love for these incredibly beautiful offerings.
When I worked at LUSH, we were able to encourage kindness in all ways by adding extra samples and gifts for our customers to make them feel as special and wonderful as they are through random acts of kindness.
LUSH Relax Gift Box
This is a LUSH bestseller and for good reason!
This Relax Gift set is packed full of serenity and gentle luxury. The perfect gift set to give to everyone.
Purple can be both regal and also deeply peaceful and relaxing.
Inside, the contents are blossoming with lavender-scented treats to help you wind down and find some inner peace and tranquillity.
Some of my favourite LUSH products of ALL time can be found in this magical set.
There is the sweetly scented Twilight bath bomb for a kaleidoscope soak, legendary French Kiss, which makes me feel like I’m flowing through the lavender fields in France, to the silky soft caresses of Sleepy Shower Gel and finally (in my humble opinion) one of the most majestic body lotions of all time, Dream Cream.
The collection above are the gifts I received from one of my best friends. They blend like a dream with the Relax gift set!
Keep It Fluffy Bubble Bar
Receiving this darling bubble bath gave me all the nostalgia!
During University, and my time at LUSH, most of that was at the sister shop B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful that was a true make up and fragrance Aladdin’s Cave.
One of the signature scents was ‘Keep It Fluffy’ and my absolute favourite!
Inspired by the 1950s and retro-girlyness, this scent is filled with jasmine and powdery vanilla with a zest of uplifting lemongrass to make this a truly playful, delightful, fluffy scent!
In bubble bar form, as it used to be back in the day, this will fill my baths with so much sweetness and glamour!
Argan Naked Facial Oil and Dream Steam Toner Tab
To complete my opulent baths, I now have two gorgeous products to nourish my skin with.
The first is Argan Naked Facial Oil. This naked facial oil richly moisturises and rejuvenates the skin with balancing rose absolute and rose oil sourced from Senir in Turkey.
I also have a Dream Steam Toner Tab for a deep cleanse before I use this gorgeous oil.
This steamer toner tab is made with rose absolute to calm the skin and reduce redness.
Chamomile blue oil is added as a key ingredient, providing gentle and soothing relief for the skin, and the tea tree is used for its antibacterial properties.
When dropped into a bowl of hot water, the little potent toner tab will fizz away. As the steam rises, it will open up all the pores in your skin allowing all the beautiful essential oils to be easily absorbed. I can’t wait to use this!
American Cream Shower Gel
American Cream is a scent that people went wild for at LUSH! I have remained forever a fan. There’s nothing like the vanilla and strawberry milkshake scent!
Due to its popularity, LUSH have a full American Cream range now and the more the merrier I say! This is going to give me the sweetest smelling skin and I can’t wait to bathe in its intoxicating scent.
The kindest gifts I have received from LUSH has truly opened my heart to so much love and joy. It’s my greatest wish that we can all feel that in these times.
And so, inspired by this gorgeous LUSH campaign, here are just 20 ideas for spreading some kindfulness into the world.
20 Enchanted Ways to Spread Kindness Today
- Send a loved one a care package
- Volunteer at a food bank/care home/shelter/animal rescue centre etc (obviously check if this is possible in Covid times)
- Go to justgiving.com/Facebook donations and find a story that touches your heart. Then leave an anonymous donation for someone you’ve never met. If you’re not financially able to the latter, could you share their story on social media? In addition, look to share your friend’s successes and fundraising efforts. This February has been Raynaud’s Awareness Month and I have been so made up by those who have helped me spread the vital awareness with me.
- Add extra items onto your food shop and leave them to be donated to a food bank (most food shops have baskets for food banks now). In addition, ask if you can do the shopping for a vulnerable person you know.
- Write a letter to a friend/someone in hospital/an elderly person/someone who is chronically ill (speaking from this position, letters and cards mean more than I could ever, ever say)
- Plant bulbs in unloved patches of earth. Alternatively, tend to someone’s garden for them if you are able to.
- Cook a healthy meal and leave it on someone’s doorstop who you know is struggling right now
- Offer to walk a busy person’s dog
- Donate magazines and books to those you think would love them
- Leave sanitary products in public bathrooms
- Make a playlist for someone who needs music in their life
- Offer your gifts: whatever you’re good at, use these skills to help others
- Set up or gift a bird feeder to an elderly relative/someone who is chronically ill (find my series on feeding garden birds here). On my bed-bound days, seeing my birds flock to my feeders is my greatest joy.
- Educate yourself and campaign on the issues of our time. In addition, use your support and voice wherever possible
- Start a coin jar, and when it is full, empty it into a charity collection box
- Make do and mend: rethink your shopping habits and seek to be mindful about your consumption
- Support local and small businesses first and foremost
- Sign up for loyalty cards and use the rewards for others who need it
- Write a loving review of a book/podcast etc that you’ve loved. Always, always share the love.
- Every time you go out and see litter, pick up at least three pieces. Imagine if everyone did this!
These are just 20 ideas that flowed through me as I sat down to write this post. However, isn’t the list of kind offerings we can give to the world just endless?
So now it’s over to you: In what ways can you share kindness this week? Or how has someone been kind to you? Can you allow whimsy, enchantment and wonder to meet you as you spread this message of kindness to yourself and others?
I’d love to hear all your beautiful kindful actions, offerings and words of love in the comments below. Let us forever be beacons and carriers of the kindness that runs through all our bones.
If you enjoyed this post you might also like:
WOULD YOU LIKE TO SUPPORT MY WHIMSICAL MISSION?
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post and for being here. I love and appreciate you beyond words.
Georgie xoxo is a blog for those seeking everyday whimsy, with a heart full of wanderlust focusing on travel adventures, pretty crafts, chronic illness and words on finding the meaning in life through wonder and enchantment.
It’s my ultimate hope that there has been something on my blog that has enabled you to travel into the deepest realms of wonder and enchantment so that you can truly feel and embody your own world, and the world around you, that can be filled with more magic than you could possibly imagine.
By supporting Georgie xoxo on Kofi, you enable me to bring these ideas and whimsical tales to life. Thank you in abundance for your love and support that is the strength that I use to create impossible things.
Are you looking for more whimsical, enchanted magic?
Each letter features an exclusive oracle card readings, a carefully curated giveaway, whimsical enchanted monthly themes, recipes and more intuitive heart offerings.